current account for refugees from Ukraine
We understand that as a Ukrainian refugee you would like to manage your financial affairs in the Netherlands.
If you are a refugee from Ukraine of 18 years and older, can identify yourself, have a Dutch citizen service number (BSN) and do not yet have a current account with another Dutch bank, you can open a SNS Basis current account.
On this account, you can have your earnings deposited and it allows you to manage your financial affairs online.
Make an appointment in an SNS Shop to open a current account
Please note that you cannot open a current account online with a non-Dutch identity card (ID). So, to open a current account, you have to make an appointment in an SNS Shop. To make an appointment, please call +31 (0)30 – 633 30 00. Do not go to an SNS Shop unannounced. An appointment will allow the adviser to prepare for your visit and take time for you. Click here for an SNS Shop close to where you are residing.
Important documents and information to bring along with you to the appointment
- An identification document that we accept
- Proof from the municipality stating your BSN, this may be:
- an extract from the Personal Records Database (BRP) stating your Citizen Service Number (BSN), or
- a letter from the municipality stating your BSN and the Person List
- Postal code and house number of your (temporary) residential address in the Netherlands
- Your own email address
- Your own telephone number
We accept the following documents:
- A valid Ukrainian passport with the details also in English
- A valid Ukrainian ID card with the details also in English
- A valid Cyrillic Ukrainian passport in combination with a certificate confirming the identity by the Ukrainian Embassy*
- A Ukrainian permanent residence permit that was valid on 24 February 2022, in combination with a valid passport from another country outside the EU.*
- A valid O-document issued by the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND)
- A valid Dutch refugee/aliens’ document
The terms and conditions of an SNS Basis account
The terms and conditions (Voorwaarden - in Dutch only) will tell you what you can expect from us and what we expect from you. Please read them thoroughly before you open an SNS Basis account.
Please note that there are some restrictions to the terms and conditions:
- you cannot apply for a credit limit on the account SNS Basis
- you cannot open any other accounts or products
- you cannot give other people access to your account SNS Basis
You find a summary of the SNS Basis account for refugees from Ukraine in English in this pdf: