current account for refugees form Ukraine
We understand that as a Ukrainian refugee you would like to manage your financial affairs in the Netherlands. Our SNS Basis current account allows you to deposit your income and arrange your transfers online; a good basis to manage your financial affairs.
Make an appointment in an SNS Shop to open a current account
Please note that you cannot open a current account online with a non-Dutch identity card (ID). So, to open a current account, you have to make an appointment in an SNS Shop. To make an appointment, please call +31 (0)30 – 633 30 00. Do not go to an SNS Shop unannounced. An appointment will allow the adviser to prepare for your visit and take time for you. Click here for an SNS Shop close to where you are residing.
Important documents and information to bring along with you to the appointment
- A valid Ukrainian passport or ID with the details also in English
- Proof from the municipality stating your BSN, this may be:
- an extract from the Personal Records Database (BRP) stating your Citizen Service Number (BSN), or
- a letter from the municipality stating your BSN and the Person List
- Postal code and house number of your (temporary) residential address in the Netherlands
- Your own email address
- Your own telephone number
Who can open an SNS Basis current account?
You can open an SNS Basis current account for refugees from Ukraine if you:
- are a refugee of 18 years and older with the Ukrainian nationality
- have a Ukrainian identification card (ID),
- have a Dutch citizen service number (BSN)
- do not yet have a current account with another Dutch bank
The terms and conditions of an SNS Basis account
The terms and conditions (Voorwaarden - in Dutch only) will tell you what you can expect from us and what we expect from you. Please read them thoroughly before you open an SNS Basis account.
Please note that there are some restrictions to the terms and conditions:
- you cannot apply for a credit limit on the account;
- you cannot open any other accounts;
- you cannot give other people access to your account.
You find a summary of the SNS Basis account for refugees from Ukraine in English in this pdf: